View larger map
Provo is the third largest city in the state of Utah with a population of 112,488, according to the 2010 census. Provo is home to one of the largest private higher education institutions in the United States, Brigham Young University. The university is operated by the Church of Jesus Christ Latter-day Saints, making the city the home of the largest Missionary Training Center. Provo is a city built on the Mormon religion, any use of drug and alcohol is not acceptable. Regardless there are many in the city of Provo who choose to abuse drug and alcohol.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse
People abuse and become dependent on drugs and alcohol for many reasons. Emotional and physical affects of the drugs and alcohol allow users to cover up their own reasons for their dependency. Regardless of the reason, drug and alcohol addiction not only affects ones health but their mental state, self-esteem, personal relationships, work, the addiction inches its way threw every part of the users life like a weed that keeps growing, unless you take care of it and seek help.
- Alcohol is created in a process where fruits, grains or vegetables are fermented, using either yeast or bacteria to change the sugars into alcohol. Alcohol is a sedative called ethanol. Alcohol absorbs into a person’s bloodstream and affects the central nervous system. Alcohol consumption alters a person’s perceptions, emotions, movement, vision, and hearing.
- Cocaine is a very addictive stimulant drug. Cocaine is typically snorted when in powder form, less commonly known to be liquefied and injected. Cocaine gives its users added energy, the ability to stay up into the late hours, even days on end. It is also an appetite suppressant. Cocaine tolerance is easily developed causing the users to require more of the drug to feel the same or similar effect. Cocaine that comes in a rock crystal that is heated and smoked is called Crack because of the crackling sound it makes when heated.
- Ecstasy, MDMA, is a man-made drug that comes in capsule or tablet form. Ecstasy releases large amount of serotonin in the brain that causes chemical changes in the brain that affects the mood, appetite and sleep, distorting the perception of time and the sense of touch. Ecstasy causes the brain to become dependent on the drug to sleep causing depression and other mental health issues.
- Ketamine is a drug that was developed by veterinarians to be used on animals for sedition purposes. It is a dissociative drug that is tasteless, odorless drug that comes in liquid, powder and pill form. Ketamine high makes the user feel a distorted reality, changes the perception of sound and other sensations. It is very easy for the user to over dose.
- Marijuana is a mixed of dried leaves, steams, seeds and flowers from the cannabis plant. Note that CBD oil is a different thing. It is a psychoactive drug, giving the users a calm high that heightens their senses such as smell, touch and hearing. Marijuana has long been referred to as a gate way drug to much harder illicit drugs.
This is just a short list of the regularly abused drugs today. All of these drugs have their own effect on the human body that are additive.
Provo Utah has Rehab programs to help start your recovery
Once starting it is hard to stop, there are rehab programs in Provo Utah that are here to help you start on the road of recovery. The detoxification process will allow your body to be cleansed of drugs and alcohol that are polluting it. Don’t be afraid of the withdrawal symptoms, there are medications that can be given to help you threw this in a supervised and safe environment. The counselors will help you get to the core reason for your drug addiction and give you the behavior modifying tools to change your life of drugs and alcohol to a sober, happy, fulfilling life. Don’t wait any longer, you don’t know when this drug will consume you whole, contact a Provo Utah rehab today for a sober tomorrow.