View larger map
Cheyenne, the capital of Wyoming, is the largest city of the state. Cheyenne is located in the southeast corner of Wyoming, the city has a total area of 21.2 square miles. A growing population of 59,466 according to the 2010 census. Statistics show that alcoholism and drug addiction are a big problem in the city of Cheyenne.
Alcohol leads to over 80% of arrests in the City of Cheyenne
Studies say that in the city of Cheyenne there is a large Alcoholism problem. Due to alcohol use there were more car accidents and people were jailed. Over 80% of the 18,863 arrests made in Cheyenne 2009 – 2010 were alcohol related, 800 of these arrests were drunk driving. Typically with these arrests the alcohol tests would read out to be double the legal limit.
- Alcoholism – this disease is an addictive disorder, an uncontrollable compulsive behavior to consume alcohol. Alcohol is widely used in social settings, the warm out going feeling it gives to the drinker can over come them, they want that feeling 24-7. The long term consumption of alcohol can have negative affects on the drinkers health, effecting both mental and physical state, damaging vital organs and potentially becoming fatal. Alcoholism not only effects the drinkers health but their social and personal life. Alcohol can lead to the destruction of relationships and loss of employment.
Club Drug Abuse in Cheyenne, WY
Cheyenne’s problems do not end with Alcohol. Club drugs, such as Marijuana, Heroin and cocaine, and MDMA tablets (commonly know at Ecstasy) plague the city’s residents. The open availability of these drugs has police officers in full force to stop this problem before it gets any bigger. Mixing these drugs with alcohol can have deadly affects.
- Marijuana– also knows as cannabis, weed, or reefer. THC is the primary in the cannabis plant that causes the psychoactive effects users want. Marijuana is typically smoked which can have harmful health effects due to the inhalation of organic materials. Studies show the use of marijuana to be correlated with the development of depression, anxiety and psychosis.
- Heroin – used as a form of relaxation and “bliss”, taking away any pain or fears that user has. Heroin users typically develop a tolerance and need more of the drug to feel the same effects. Heroine use can become out of control in the blink of an eye. Because Heroine is typically injected intravenous blood born disease such as HIV and Hepatitis are common in users.
- Cocaine – also know as coke. Cocaine gives the user energy, alertness and a sense of euphoria. Users take this drug as an “upper”, to give themselves added energy. Chronic use of cocaine can cause a tolerance, users will risk an overdose trying to get the same high as they once had. Smoking cocaine can cause many different respiratory diseases and tooth decay. Intranasal use of cocaine causes deterioration on cartilage. Overall use of cocaine can cause autoimmune or connective tissue diseases, kidney failure, lung and heart disease.
- MDMA Tablets -commonly knows as Ecstasy, abbreviated as “E” or “X”. MDMA is one of the most widely used recreational drugs. Being known for its affects of heightening sense of intimacy, taking away anxiety and giving a true sense of well being to the user. MDMA tablets can cause irreversible neurological damage to the user as well as depression, irritability, fatigue and more. User’s accept the risks and side affects to this drug for a few hours of drug induced “bliss”.
Cheyenne, Wyoming Rehabilitation Centers
Rehab centers in Cheyenne WY are here to help you with your drug or alcohol addiction. There are many specific programs specializing in the treatment of your disease. You have to be ready and willing to receive treatment and work towards the goal of a happy health drug and alcohol free life style for the programs to work for you.
You do not need to be ashamed of what you have become but proud of yourself for acknowledging that you have a problem and seeking help. It is a long road ahead of you, a positive, clean, future waiting.